Monday, April 21, 2008

trackday!

Saturday was probably one of the most fun I have ever had. 2wheelife went to AAA Autoclub speedway for our track day. There was nothing like being around good friends, food, and motorcycles. I was really nervous first lap out, the track is a huge track with a crazy long straight away. I taped up my speedometer just so I won't freak out when if i look at my speed. First session out, fastest lap was 2.21minutes. SLOW, but I was getting to know the track and all that. Each session after that I cut down my time, fastest time was 2.00.455minutes. My goal was to break into the 1minute mark and I was so close. I am actually happy with my time, quickest of my group of friends. That is saying a whole lot, since the last track day I was getting lapped. I topped out my bike in 6th gear @ 17k rpms. It was nuts to see the needle just bouncing off. 140mph+! Finally got my knee down. Thanks musky and vadd for the lesson. Its a wild wild feeling being that close to the ground. Tires are shot, my body is sore, but I can't wait until the next track day. Pure Bliss

No comments: